Monday, December 9, 2013

My first Skirmish!

So last night Sogo and Nyn took me along to a Skirmish run after I had decided to buy a Simulacrum pop, even though my poor ass who sucks at making gil could only afford cheap segments and I could only manage a 221...but it turns out that if you're running with your LS having to settle for low-end Simulacrums can still work out okay, even thugh to be fair we did have one 333 pop as well.

But now, onto the group!


(as a side note, poor Drag :( )

I was obviously on WHM but in the group there was Dragulia who was nuking stuff on BLM like a bawws.

We also had an Onyxmoon, too! On some job that uses daggers, but I think THF?

Nynaeve was leading us on BST, which was cool despite a few jokes about her labor-camp like XP party from a prior night where Nyn was laying down the law on afkers and pulling pretty good XP/hr. (that I would have been to if I wasn't trying to get climbing KI. /cry that sounded funny as hell.)

Also there was master of the ways of BLU, Zseraphim.

And lastly, we have the king of the ((Troll Mercenaries)) , Sogomi, also on BLM.

so we did our 6 pops, ranging from 111 to 333, and the 333 did get rough towards the end and Nyn went down, but we still won. To be fair, Sogomi did tell us to be prepared for a rougher time for the 333.



As for how it went, a lot of stuff dropped! lots of Cizin, Iuattl, and Otonof stuff dropped, even a bit of Hagondes and even a shield! also a decent number of stones, more than a few +2s and a lot of +1s. Didn't gear a lot of drops pictures, except for my haul, but there is this:



As for me, one piece of Gendewitha dropped, the hands. however this was my non-armor haul:



So before I logged off I went to go spend my wings and go use my stones to augment, for first, the armor I got pre-augment:


I know I wasn't really feeling this body in my therycraft post, but now that I'm looking at it better...... this could actually sort of work really well for curing if you just macro it in for Curaga/Cura. and use +2 Orison body for other stuff like single target cures. Also helps that it's amazing for idle, still really curious how good it's refresh is. I REALLY wanted to buy the head because I want the head bad, but I decided to get the body to get it out of the way.



I had a wing left over to pick up the boots, which is certainly better than the boots I was using and the "Enhance Cursna Effect" was definitely worth using my last wing for.




Then we have the hands I actually got as an armor drop. Weatherspoon still has more potency, even with the 3% augment this ended up getting, but it's so much more MND, and these gloves have an absolutely stellar fast cast value and are pretty cool to wear idle. I'll still wear serpentes sometimes for regen/refresh, but only if I'm resting.

Speaking of augments, here's how they went after I spent down my stones:

Body: 2% -PDT 3% -cure cast time

I'm pretty happy with this, the PDT makes it even better for idle, and the -cure cast time mean I can use it as a sort of stand in for an actual fast cast body when casting cure spells.

Hands: 1% -PDT, 3% Cure Potency

Hmm, pretty good. I used my +2 stone on the body so it's unfortunate that Weatherspoon gloves still beat it on Potency, but that IS a lot of MND, and it's only 5 potency worse than Weatherspoon. Once I have head things are going to REALLY start evening out on the potency front anyway.

Feet: 1% -PDT

Eh, better than nothing, I was down to NQ stones when I got to this so it's kinda expected. my last +1 stone gave this a songs augment so I used an NQ.


Overall Skirmish was really fun, I need to find a way to make Simulacrum money so I can do it again, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    server ragnarok private

    ReplyDelete